Ironistic Full-Stack developers are the glue that holds our web solutions together. The Full-Stack Developer will work as part of a collaborative development team to support the creation and maintenance of websites and apps alike. Daily work touches on all aspects of website development from requirements gathering and coding, to quality assurance and client communication. It’s important to take pride in your work and the benefits you provide to clients, big or small.
This remote position is a fast-paced, highly collaborative role. You will be working on something new every day, and we strongly encourage and support ongoing growth in knowledge and skills among our entire team. Continuing education initiatives and a very engaging team support structure are here to help you grow in your role as a Full-Stack Developer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience developing both small theme-based sites as well as large custom websites in PHP platforms/CMS including WordPress (more is better!)
- 3-5 years of experience with MySQL
- 3+ years of experience in front-end (UI) development
- MVC Framework experience, such as Laravel, Zend Framework, CakePHP is a plus
- Expert in HTML5 markup, form controls, and CSS3
- Experience working with GIT Repositories
- Experience with complex integrations
- Comprehensive knowledge of web development best practices, standards, and proven ability to use core UI technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant work experience – We all took unique paths to get here too
- Strong portfolio and code samples – Let’s see your stuff!
- Strong communication and customer-service skills – Yes, you will have to talk and meet with clients on occasion.
- Ability to perform with minimal direction or supervision – Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work well within a team environment – Stop, collaborate, and listen!
- Agency experience a plus
Responsibilities will include:
- Interacting closely with project management, designers, back-end programmers, and clients
- Working with the UI designers and other developers to integrate the front-end code with the backend platform
- Participating in detailed project requirement planning and estimating
- Architecting, implementing and launching highly-visible, user-facing features
- Provide mentorship to grow internal framework knowledge among our development teams through hands-on guidance