**This is a local Alexandria, VA position**
*Occasional work from home/wherever is totally cool though*
Ironistic front end developers are the glue that holds our web solutions together. The Front End Developer will work as part of a collaborative development team to support the creation and maintenance of websites and apps alike. Daily work touches on all aspects of website development from requirements gathering and coding, to quality assurance and client communication. It’s important to take pride in your work and the benefits you provide to clients, big or small.
This position is a fast paced, highly collaborative role. You will be working on something new every day, and we strongly encourage and support ongoing growth in knowledge and skillset among our entire team. Continuing education initiatives and a very engaging team support structure are here to help you grow in your role as a Front End Developer.
The ideal Front End Developer will include the following:
- 2+ years of experience in front-end (UI) development
- Experience developing both small theme-based sites as well as large custom websites in PHP platforms/CMS including WordPress (more is better!)
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with website performance and UI optimization
- Comprehensive knowledge of web development best practices, standards, and proven ability to use core UI technologies
Front End Developer duties include:
- Interacting closely with project management, designers, back-end programmers, and clients
- Working with the UI designers and other developers to integrate the front-end code with the back-end platform
- Participating in project requirement planning and estimating
- Architecting, implementing and launching highly-visible, user-facing features
Other requirements for Front End Developer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant work experience – We all took unique paths to get here too.
- Strong portfolio and code samples – Let’s see your stuff!
- Strong communication and customer-service skills – Yes, you will have to talk and meet with clients on occasion. ?
- Ability to perform with minimal direction or supervision – Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work well within a team environment – Stop, collaborate, and listen!
- Health & Life Insurance – Premiums for employee paid by Ironistic
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Generous paid time off
- Cell phone service
- Continuing education fund – always keep learning!
- “Free” day once per month – Explore the latest trends in the digital world!
- SmartTrip Metro Benefits (if in DC area)
- Various monthly rewards for doing great work and being a team player
- Awesome office amenities: Shuffleboard tables, treadmill desk, arcade game, open/collaborative spaces, and snacks/drinks!