Do not start marketing until you answer these questions
LinkedIn – Optimization Checklist
Since LinkedIn is used for business more than any other social platform, we encourage our clients (and you!) to take full advantage of its capabilities that continue to regularly evolve.
LinkedIn can be leveraged as a business tool to boost brand awareness and drive leads. As a team and individuals, you can use this platform to become influencers in your industry and achieve core business goals. 71% of professionals feel that LinkedIn is a credible source for professional content.
LinkedIn is one of the fastest growing social platforms, with over 250 million active users. Studies show that 80% of B2B leads from social media platforms come from LinkedIn, and 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content. (source)
Now, I hope those stats caught your attention and you understand how vital it is for you to have a presence on LinkedIn. Even if you aren’t actively posting, it’s important to represent your personal and company’s brand well. Below are a few guidelines to keep in mind, as well as recommendations for updating your profile.
LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- Keep your basic profile information updated:
- Professional headline – The job of any headline is to entice your connections and other users to click. At a minimum, use your headline to highlight your current position and company. We recommend highlighting your expertise (e.g., “Content Marketing Strategist and Copywriter”) to showcase the skills you want to turn up in searches.
- Upload a professional headshot
- Brand your cover photo – A company branded cover photo is an easy option if you’re not sure what to use. Just make sure your cover photo aligns with your company’s brand guidelines.
- Include your position at your current company and link to the company page
- Provide a brief overview of your role
- At a minimum, include the company boilerplate
- Personalize your LinkedIn profile URL – ex: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shahfaridi/
- Keywords – Identify the words you want to be found for when people use LinkedIn search and use those keywords in your headline, summary, and profile. Using the right keywords will expose you to more potential connections and opportunities.
- Media – Add media to your profile to drive traffic to the website, increase your (and your company’s) credibility, and drive leads.
- Publish relevant content – Your existing connections are notified whenever you publish. New people can discover your posts via search. Always think about the audience you want to reach. Highlight your expertise and interests by posting awesome content. Set up Google Alerts to receive emails about industry news you can quickly and easily post on your profile.
Okay, I challenge you to complete this list AND find us on LinkedIn for the latest marketing tips and tricks!
There are currenty no responses.