Before we dive into the “why” of digital marketing, let’s briefly visit the “what”. Digital marketing is a term widely used to describe a client’s website presence, social media, SEO, and online ads (such as Google AdWords). But digital marketing also includes wireless text messaging, mobile apps, podcasts, email, social media advertising, electronic billboards, digital television, radio channels, and more.
So why should you be engaging in digital marketing, anyway?
- The number one reason to use digital marketing is because your target audience is there! People love to use the Internet to search for information. Digital marketing is everywhere. The Internet is so pervasive that consumers have access to information at anytime, anywhere. When you engage in digital marketing techniques, you have control of what consumers see and can even influence them to take a particular action, like visit your website or buy your product.
- Digital reviews matter! Digital media allows the audience to see what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc., are saying about you and your organization. And they are more likely to believe them than you. 88% of people trust online reviews written by other consumers as much as they trust recommendations from personal contacts.
- Brand Awareness! Research shows that people want brands they can trust, companies that know them, content that is personalized and relevant, and special offers that are tailored to their needs and preferences. The world of digital marketing allows you do just that! People work with, and refer others to, brands they know and trust.
- Reach your target audience! Digital marketing allows you to give people what they are searching for – a well-researched strategic plan will shape your content to match your audience’s needs. You will be the expert in your field, be likable, and most importantly, be trustworthy. (Check out Elements of a Marketing Plan)
- Real-time analytics! The analytics offered with digital marketing are comprehensive and vital to your ongoing strategy. Digital marketing is unique in that it’s one of the more highly trackable types of marketing. That is, you can directly see how your digital marketing efforts affect your bottom line. Since it involves the use of online channels and methods, an organization can analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time. Digital monitors what is being viewed, how often and for how long, what content works and doesn’t work, and more.
For more information on digital marketing see Digital Marketing Basics You Can’t Ignore, How To Advertise Online and much more on The Ironistic Blog.
Looking for more personalized help? Don’t be shy, contact us!