Impact of COVID-19 on Search
Working at Ironistic during the Age of COVID
You’ve all heard someone say “when things go back to normal” or “as soon as we’re back to normal” or something along those lines. Unfortunately, it seems that it might be a long time before “normal” is, well, “normal” again, so as the summer winds down, Ironistic is adapting.
It’s important for all of our clients, friends, and family to know how and why.
I’m a product of people from the ’50s. My father (a 31-year military man) would leave early in the morning and come back at 5 pm. My mother (a teacher) would work school hours, take care of dinner/family matters, and then grade papers in the evening. And there’s no one in my generation that doesn’t know most (if not all) of the words to Dolly Parton’s working “9 to 5” song.
Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawn and stretch and try to come to life
Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin’
Out on the street the traffic starts jumpin’
With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5
Over the past two decades, the 9-to-5 standard has clearly evolved. Going to an office and working your 8-hour shift is a thing of the past, and Ironistic has always prided itself on being flexible when it comes to work schedules.
COVID is taking that to a whole new level.
So, what’s new?
For the rest of 2020, Ironistic is adapting our work week. We understand that working from home and caring for families from home are not always compatible. Therefore, we are offering our staff the following options.
- Everyone continues to work remotely — pretty sure we don’t need to explain the why’s around this one!
- Four-day work week — Our team members will still crank out 40 hours of awesome web design, development, and/or marketing for our clients each week, but some will condense this to four days rather than the full M-F schedule.
- Don’t worry, we’ll still have most of our core hours between 8am and 6pm ET, but our staff may choose to duck away during “normal” hours to focus on family education needs or other activities and then make up those hours at “off” times. COVID is requiring all of us to be a bit more flexible with competing priorities!
- Client meetings — These are entirely up to the comfort-level of our employees. We love seeing people in person; however, additional precautions are necessary right now.
So what does this mean for you, our clients?
A few things:
- We will continue to operate at an incredibly high level and remain dedicated to providing nothing but top-notch service.
- Our response time will remain high.
- Our communication should actually improve even more! We want you, our client, to know our new schedules and will plan accordingly.
- Deadlines will still be met.
- Calendars will still be scheduled and implemented.
- Our teams will still deliver maximum impact for our clients!
- Yes, our personal schedules may be a bit more chaotic and inconsistent, but our teams are readily available and our quality and timelines will not be sacrificed.
- You might get some random emails late in the evening or early mornings. Don’t worry, we won’t be expecting an immediate response. 😉
- If you want to meet in person, your main point of contact may defer. It’s not because he/she doesn’t like you! It’s just… stupid coronavirus! Please help us accommodate this. If you’d like to meet in person, we will devise a solution.
- You will have multiple people monitoring your account. As always, please start with your primary point of contact, but our IQ Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) is readily available to jump in when needed.
Family is important to everyone at Ironistic, and we know that most of our clients agree. A few weeks ago we offered up some #IronInsights about Positive Lessons Learned during this time, and the overwhelming theme is that people are genuinely good and should be treated accordingly. We can always Do Better / Be Better, and most of us try and do that every day.
We hope that you understand and embrace our new work schedule. At Ironistic, we prioritize making a positive IMPACT each and every day. This means making a positive impact on our clients, on our communities, and on one another. Our new work schedules allow us to better achieve these goals every day.
There are currenty no responses.