Upgrades for Ironistic Customers… Everyone’s a winner!
Do You Love Your site? You Should!
Even Phil Collins believes that, “When I’m feelin’ blue, all I have to do is take a look at you, then I’m not so blue.” In 1988, Phil may have been envisioning his website while singing this song, because his site contains some critical qualities that every site should have. It:
- Evokes emotion – boy, do I remember when each of his songs came out!
- Allows personalization – choose your language
- Provides insight – both text and images vividly describe Phil
Unfortunately though, it also lacks some qualities that are imperative for 2015:
- Responsive Design – one size does NOT fit all!
- Legible Font — those of us that remember when his songs came out, cannot read print that small any more
- Guidance — it is important to guide your users via calls-to-action
- Updated Look – it is possible to have BOTH an updated look with a nostalgic feel
- Fresh Content — to keep folks engaged, the site needs regular updates
- Optimization – upload speed, usability, design, conversion rate, etc…
As they say, you only have one chance to make a first impression. And now more than ever, that first impression is your website. If it does not make you smile, the chances of eliciting positive responses from your visitors are slim to none.
One of the most appealing aspects of websites today is that, “Any time you want to, you can turn me on to, anything you want to, any time at all.” Content management systems are now designed for you, the user. They enable YOU to control your website’s look and feel, so that at any point, you should be able to:
- add a new (or modify an existing) landing page, form, post, image;
- update categories, tags, calendars, notifications, content; and
- be proud of your accomplishments.
Adding or changing the functionality of your site, updating the theme and plug-ins, or adding/auditing security features though is best left to the experts… us!
“Wouldn’t you agree
Baby, you and me got a groovy kind of” … Website?
Please take our short survey and let us know what you think of your site.
If you marked Separate Lives, please check out Are You Old School, Inc.? to determine if you are bias in your thinking.
So what is your favorite Phil Collins (or Genesis) song? Please share in the comments section below. Thanks for the love!
There are currenty 2 responses.