A Web Content Specialist creates intuitive navigation and styles content pages for the websites we design and develop. You will migrate, organize, and optimize content into WordPress to make it easily accessible to a variety of users. A Web Content Specialist builds page layouts, edits text, images, and information displayed on a website in compliance with web usability and accessibility standards.
This position is a fast-paced, highly collaborative role. You will be working on something new every day, and we strongly encourage and support ongoing growth in knowledge and skillset among our entire team. Continuing education initiatives and a very engaging team support structure are here to help you grow in your role as a Web Content Specialist.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in web design/development
- Ability to perform with minimal direction or supervision – Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Agency experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills both oral and in writing
- Understanding of key design principles
- Artistic and creative with a strong grasp of typography, color, and space.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to proactively communicate with team members, including the Creative Manager, Digital Strategist, and Project Manager on the status of projects as well as any other pertinent project information
- Ability to stay focused on tasks for extended periods of time
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Experience using various Content Management Systems – specifically WordPress
- Understanding of basic SEO principles
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant work experience – We all took unique paths to get here too
Responsibilities will include:
- Importing and styling content following the guidelines established by the designers
- Determining the structure and design of interior web pages
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Stock photo research
- Editing images and creating banner ads to help bring the content to life
- Ensuring web pages are optimized for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensuring web design is optimized for mobile devices
- Interacting closely with project management, designers, and developers
- Using punch lists to implement changes provided by the team and client