Ironistic is an innovative marketing and web development agency, and we’re looking for a strong technology generalist that can take on server management for our hosting clients. Ironistic utilizes Amazon Web Services to host a variety of Windows and Linux-based instances and regularly launches new websites within our AWS network. Though we are platform agnostic, our primary Content Management Systems are WordPress and DotNetNuke (we build in .NET, PHP, and Java). We are looking for an administrator to take on the role of planning larger infrastructure updates, along with managing and optimizing our hosting environment – both Windows/IIS and Linux.
Our clients have an eclectic set of needs that will continuously challenge you to find innovative ways to conquer the Internet.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years experience in AWS – a must
- Experience managing WordPress sites and solving hosting issues
- Organization skills to keep multiple tasks prioritized to ensure proper timing
- Outstanding phone and people skills
- Familiarity with WP Engine, GoDaddy, SiteGround, etc., and other web hosting configurations
- Ability to meet client-driven deadlines and work collaboratively with internal and external teams to resolve issues and to launch/optimize awesome websites on a weekly basis
- Solid understanding of Windows/IIS and Linux configurations
- Solid knowledge of DNS Configuration and Management along with Plesk panel management and dashboards
Responsibilities will include:
- Daily support of EC2 instances, critical web applications, website maintenance, deployments, migrations, and system backups.
- Documenting and standardizing internal processes for repeatable wins
- Coordinating with development teams to launch and optimize websites, along with working together to determine sources of issues and actions needed to correct
- Coordinating with AWS Business Support as needed
- Ensuring effective disaster recovery plans and defenses against spamming, DDoS, and other malicious issues
- Occasional internal office technology support
Our AWS System Administrator is a valuable member of Ironistic. The right person will take advantage of working with our team of internet professionals seeking to change the face of the Internet. This is NOT a ticketing system, and remote work is available.